HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > General discussion
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default Mercedes Wrangler

If you are on this forum or anyone reading knows this clown, pass on a message for me.

Stop making messes I have to clean up. This fool buys Mercedes in CA and drives them to Seattle where he "converts" them to VO... The last 3 I have seen have the following mods:

Heater hoses cut preventing the heater from working, these lines are routed to a Davco 234 plumbed as the fuel filter, the stock filter is removed and a hand drill is used to "bypass" the filter element by drilling holes in the filter and leaving all the metal shavings in the filter housing. The owner is then instructed to "Just pump from a dumpster into the stock tank and drive"...

Three of these accidents have been towed to my shop, the last, a 1983 300D purchased from him/you for $4995.00 was a $500.00 car before you trashed it and sold it to a single mother working two jobs.

Stop by my shop please, I have time to spare to slap some manners into you.

Chris

Last edited by cgoodwin; 08-16-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:43 PM

That's awful! Did she have a name or any information on the seller? We need to get that info up on some of these forums so others searching these sites will know to watch out.

I definitely feel for the single mom... that was probably a huge deal to spend that kind of money on a vehicle hoping to save on fuel costs!

Powell
'95 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD (B100)
'98 Porsche Boxster EV AC/Lion Prototype
'00 Club Car 48V Electric Daily Driver
http://www.greasology.org
Radiance Solar
MapaWatt Energy Efficiency Blog
Old 08-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Administrator

He calls himself "The Veggie Wrangler" and was apperntly featured in a story in a SF news paper. I have seen 3 of his botch jobs but this last one really P'd me off. I removed all his hack work and got the vehicle running on diesel again but in the end got three post dated chacks. I consider it a deposit in the Karma bank and threw the checks in the trash. I will call and ask the sellers name but for now all I know is that he runs up and down the west coast ripping people off and making everyone think that running VO will casue the car to break down and the motor to sieze.

Chris
Old 08-08-2005, 05:12 AM

there was a story in the SF Gate about the Mercedes Wrangler... his name is Brian Friedman. He lives in LA... if that is the guy, there is the problem, HAHAHA

1987 300D "conversion in process" (still not finished)
1985 F350 6.9L Utility Bed (converted and looking for 1 ton OEM BED)
Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Administrator

That's the wanker! They need to run a short article on him in the obit section as well. What a hack! This fool can't even tighten a hose clamp without cutting the hose and has absolutely NO idea what he is doing other than ripping people off and breaking cars.

Chris
Old 08-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Angry

He needs to be given a fair trial, convicted of being terminally stupid and boiled slowly in veggi straight out of a bin. This is the type of bottom-feeding, scum-sucking, knuckle-dragging, mouth breather that gives a bad name to movements like this. All the good things Chris and the other honest, responsible dealer/installer/inventors are tainted by this moron. I think Guido and the boys need to catch him in dark alley and give him an attitude adjustment.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:30 AM

Now that I have cooled down a bit here are a few suggestions:

(1) Everyone that reads this needs to post this morons description and his method of contacting potiential victims on as many forums as possible.

(2) Encourage anyone that has been victimized by this waste of oxygen to report him for fraud to the local authorities. They should also sue his ass (as if crackheads have any assets) if possible.

(3) Contact the press and put out a warning to potential veggi converters that there are scam artists in any new movement and to seek reputable sources for their conversions. This could be a "good news" story for Chris to get out to the press to warn/inform the public.

(4) Chris has set a great example by assisting the person he mentioned and good publicity like that can't be bought. If you can do a good deed without giving away the farm it can only enhance your image as a competent and reliable enterprise.

Unfortunatly cretins like this crawl out from under their rocks. The only thing we can do is be proactive in the way we deal with them.
Just my rambling thoughts.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:40 PM

THis post prompted me to finally join the frybrid forum. I admit, ive been a lurker for a while.
Thanks for the fryhe050 Chris, works great.
Anyways, here is a link to that article that was in th SFgate:

link to SFgate

What an a$$ hat....
mike
Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 PM

I guess that hack Gallagher couldn't make it as a fiction writer so he wrote that pile of crapola. I wonder how many of the "Wranglers" customers this cracker head contacted. I didn't see any quotes in that fluff piece. Sounds like the consumate con artist.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:46 PM

Wow-That could possibilty be one of the worst peices of Junior High writing I have ever read.

Make sure to go to www.larrygallagher.com and tell him how much you appreciate him promoting a scam artist the "Veggie Wrangler"